Pupil Premium Monies
Each year schools receive monies through the Pupil Premium Grant to support schools in meeting the needs of pupils who may be more vulnerable than others (due to their family circumstances). This includes children who are entitled to free school meals, children who are looked after and service children (children whose parents are in the armed forces).
All schools are required to publish how they have used their Pupil Premium Grant. Please click on the link below to see how we have used our Pupil Premium monies.
Sports Premium Monies
Schools also receive monies through the PE and sports premium funding to develop pupils' attainment in PE and participation in sporting activities. This year we plan to use the £9095 allocated to provide the following provision within our school;
- All pupils to take part in low – level outdoor adventurous activities at Thorpe Woodlands
- All of year five to have the opportunity to take part in a one day programme of adventurous activities (such as water sports and climbing)
- Contribution towards a sports co-ordinator for the Acorn Co-operative Learning Alliance who is responsible for organising a year round programme of competitive events open to all schools
- All children to take part in competitive sporting events within our school and at least 80% to compete for our school against other schools at cluster events.
- Schools contribution towards cluster event facilities (ie pool hire, sports field hire, medals etc)
- All pupils to have access to a free after school athletics club and Friday lunchtime provision
- Training for teachers of PE (including supply cover for attendance on courses)
- PE equipment and resources
Please click on the link below to see more details of how this money has been allocated this year and previous years' expenditure and outcomes.