After twenty years in the post our school secretary is retiring and therefore we are seeking to appoint a new secretary for the start of 2018.
Required from 1st January 2018
28 hours per week. Hourly rate £9.37 - £10.44 (Scale E).
8.30am – 4.30pm, four days a week, term time plus one week. (Currently Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join our team as our school secretary. The successful candidate should possess excellent communication, administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to remain positive and calm, whilst juggling a variety of responsibilities and demands.
In addition to this we are looking for someone who;
- Has excellent ICT skills
- Has previous experience of financial/accounting procedures
- Gives attention to detail and takes pride in a job well done
- Has a welcoming and friendly nature
- Is self-motivated and sets high standards in their professional conduct
- Is flexible and willing to adapt to meet the priorities of the school day
- Enjoys working around children
If this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
In return we can offer;
- A thriving and happy school community
- Children who are eager and excited to learn
- A team of hardworking, friendly and supportive colleagues who enjoy working and laughing together
- Continuing professional development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, any successful applicant will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Record check and provide two professional references.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We can only accept applications using the Support Staff Application form available on this website. Visits to the school are welcome. Completed applications should be emailed to the headteacher, Miss Yates, at the above address.
Closing date for applications: 27.11.17
NB We can only accept applications on the Norfolk County Council Teaching Staff Application form and will require two professional referees.
Any person appointed to work at the school is expected to follow and uphold the school's policies for safeguarding children and hold an enhanced Disclosures and Barring Service Check and complete a Childcare Disqualification Declaration form. Please see below for more information;