Teaching Assistant posts
Required as soon as possible
Temporary contract (this post is pupil specific in the first instance and would cease when no longer required).
Salary: Scale D (point 5-6) Hourly rate £12.18 - £12.38
Post One Mon – Fri, 8.30am – 1.20pm. Working within EYFS (includes one hour per day as a MSA)
17 hours and 30 mins as a Teaching Assistant, plus 5 hours and 25 mins as a MSA per week.
Post Two Mon - Fri, 8.30am - 3.20pm. Working withing Key Stage Two (includes 30 mins per day as a MSA)
We are looking for two individuals with a flexible and forward-thinking approach to support children in EYFS and key Stage Two children on a one to one, within a small group and in class basis. You should be curious and open to new ways of working to ensure that you are meeting both the learning and emotional, social and academic needs of the children that you support.
We are keen to hear from applicants who;
· Have experience of supporting children with SEN in EYFS and Key Stage Two
· Can demonstrate a good understanding of the needs of pupils with ASD, ADHD and social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
· Have an enthusiasm for learning and can take the initiative in adapting the curriculum to make it engaging and relevant to the children that you support (working under the direction the class teacher)
· Are able to establish trusting and positive relationships with children
· Has good literacy and numeracy skills and is able to communicate effectively with other professionals and parents
· Have high levels of resilience and the ability to stay positive
· a flexible team player, who enjoys working as part of a team
· Have a real desire to make a difference and to achieve the best for the children that you work with
In return we can offer;
· A thriving and happy school community
· Children who are eager and excited to learn
· A team of hardworking, friendly and supportive colleagues who enjoy working and laughing together
· Continuing professional development
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, any successful applicant will therefore be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Record check and provide two professional references.
These posts are likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
We can only accept applications using the Support Staff Application form available on this website. Further details about the post can be found on the school website (www.eastharlingprimary.co.uk) or by ringing and speaking to the Headteacher, Miss Amanda Yates.
Completed applications should be posted or emailed to the headteacher, Miss Yates, at the above address.
Closing date for applications: 09.02.24
Interview date: As soon as possible after this date
|Teaching Assistant person specificiation Jan 2023.pdf
Midday Supervisory Assistant
Monday to Friday, 12.05pm – 1.20pm (term time only)
Required as soon as possible
Hourly rate: £11.59 per hour
We are currently seeking to appoint a Midday Supervisory Assistants to join our friendly and supportive staff team. The posts involve supervising the children (4-11 years) during lunchtimes; encouraging healthy eating and appropriate behaviour, promoting positive play, and setting up and clearing away dining facilities (including some lifting).
You must enjoy being with children, have a calm and positive manner, be reliable and enjoy working as part of a team. Applicants will be required to complete training (such as first aid and safeguarding) outside the set hours for the post.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore any successful applicant will be required to share this commitment and undertake an enhanced DBS check. Two independent, professional references will be required.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
Applications can only be accepted using the standard application form below (CVs are not accepted)
Closing date for applications: 19.01.2024
Interview date: As soon as possible
|MSA Job Description and person specification.pdf